What is Auricular Acupuncture?
Ear Acupuncture has recently been in the news and Penelope Cruz stepped on to the red carpets with acupuncture seeds in her ears after having had auricular acupuncture.
Ear acupuncture is performed whilst sitting in a chair fully clothed. Fine needles are inserted in to the ear in various points, depending on your health requirements. It can take between 30 minutes to an hour and while the needles are doing their work you get to just sit and relax.
What is it used for?
auricular acupuncture is useful for stress management, post traumatic stress, pain management, internal organ balance,
mental and emotional balance, detoxification, addiction, substance misuse, weight loss or gain and many other health conditions as well as general wellbeing.
Does it hurt?
Very fine needles are used – even finer than body acupuncture needles- and I use a technique called Flying Needle Technique which is even less painful.
Auricular Acupuncture is regularly used for
- Post traumatic stress syndrome
- General Stress
- Trauma Recovery in communities following major catastrophes
- Mental Health
- Anxiety management and panic disorder
- Aiding recovery from some prescribed medication dependency
- Promotes relaxation in young people with behavioural disorders
- Smoking cessation
- Weight loss or gain
- Ameliorating side effects from drug treatment in cancer, HEP C, HIV/AIDS
- Boosts the immune system
- The Nada Protocol is also known to have a calming effect on the central nervous system